Sunday, September 25, 2011

A beautiful mess.

I think that's the best way to describe it. My emotions are raw and very near the surface. In church this morning singing "The Earth is Yours"...I broke. I saw little Tommy laying so lifeless in the 'ball pit' with his heart crying out for love and attention and thinking about how God has seen every moment of neglect. He's watched it all. Imagine how His heart has broken...

After church I met Rachel and gave her the $1000 and the moment I did, I lost it. I started to cry. Really cry. Poor Rachel had no idea why in the moment b/c I couldn't even talk. I was so overwhelmed.

As we ate lunch we talked about having your heart soft. That's where we are right now. Emotions are close to the surface. Overwhelmed with simply thankfulness. A place of surrender. Streaked faces from sudden crying episodes, constant images in our heads of 2 precious children needing us...and it feels like a beautiful mess. Mess because it feels crazy. Life just changed dramatically for us in the last few weeks. Beautiful because it's right in the center of where God wants us to be and in the mess...there is a surreal peace...and excitement to watch God work.

Your voice it thunders
The oaks start twisting
The forest sounds with cedars breaking
The waters see You and start their writhing
From the depths a song is rising

Now it's rising from the ground

Holy, holy, holy, holy Lord
The earth is Yours and singing

Holy, holy, holy, holy Lord
The earth is Yours
The earth is Yours

Your voice it thunders
The ground is shaking
The mighty mountains
Now are trembling

Creation sees You
And starts composing
The fields and trees
They start rejoicing

And now it's rising from the ground
Now it's rising from the ground
Hear us crying out
Hear us crying out

Holy, holy, holy, holy Lord
The earth is Yours and singing

Holy, holy, holy, holy Lord
The earth is Yours and singing

No comments:

Post a Comment