Thursday, October 6, 2011

Needing prayer warriors.

The last 2 nights have been awful for me. I've woken SO many times and each time just hearing "taizi" "taizi". To the point of knowing this is not just 'him being on my mind'. Last night I was so tired as I stayed up late trying to get ahead of adoption paperwork and my body was completely shutting down and as soon as it would I would again hear "taizi" "taizi". I was a mess. I knew this was something more. I sat up and just started praying.

We have no communication with his orphanage and it's extremely unlikely that we will. We are 'helpless' humanly-speaking until we are there and can bring him home.

But we are not going on our own here...we are asking you to team up with us and pray. We don't know specifically how to pray for little Taizi so we are asking you to just pray. Pray for his health, pray as we go into the cold months that he stays well. Often these poor orphanages will not use heat and instead will bundle the children up more to survive the cold months. Please pray for him. Pray God holds him in the palm of His hand.

With this new sense of urgency I called our agency today and said that having our first homestudy appointment delayed a few weeks seems extreme when there's such a huge sense of urgency. She called back this morning with a local social worker for us to work with and our first appointment is Thursday morning! Perfect!

On the way home from the accountant's office a bit ago I turned on the radio to hear:

Hold Me Jesus by Rich Mullins.

Well, sometimes my life
Just don't make sense at all
When the mountains look so big
And my faith just seems so small

CHORUS:
So hold me Jesus, 'cause I'm shaking like a leaf
You have been King of my glory
Won't You be my Prince of Peace

And I wake up in the night and feel the dark
It's so hot inside my soul
I swear there must be blisters on my heart

CHORUS

Surrender don't come natural to me
I'd rather fight You for something
I don't really want
Than to take what You give that I need
And I've beat my head against so many walls
Now I'm falling down, I'm falling on my knees

And this Salvation Army band
Is playing this hymn
And Your grace rings out so deep
It makes my resistance seem so thin

CHORUS

You have been King of my glory
Won't You be my Prince of Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment