Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas in our house.

This is the second night in a row the kids are all having a "sleepover" in the playroom :) Sleepover..just with their siblings but still that's a decent size party...;) We went out tonight again looking at Christmas lights. Dean does that because he loves his wife. And well of course the kids love it :) No snow...but it sure feels Christmassy watching these amazing lights that are all synchronized to music. Dean was holding Izrael and she was totally 'dancing' (as a 9 month old baby would) while holding the steering wheel...so cute.

The kids were all talking about the top thing on their "list" this year and of course we kept saying "you never know...lots of surprises coming" but we quickly turn it to others. Yes our children are young...but we are teaching them young that whether we have a lot or little ... we always can help others. This year they were so excited as we packaged up a large box of Christmas gifts to a family in eastern Canada as a "Christmas in a box" surprise. We all can't wait until Christmas morning to hear about their excitement of opening those gifts.

Today we made Oreo Truffles. Dean and the kids LOVE them...I'm just not tasting the 'wow factor'. They were fun to make! Google it...oreos in the blender with 8oz of softened cream cheese (ewww...maybe that's my problem) rolled into balls then dipped into melted chocolate (we did fondue chocolate...so easy) and then freeze for an hour. They tasted kind of 'nothing' to me but Dean said it was one of the best cookies he's ever had. We had fun making them:)

With a new year ahead...there's a lot of excitement in our house. We have a big year ahead of us in many ways. Azlan will be having his second surgery to complete his Baha implant for his SSD (single sided deafness). We pray we'll be going to China to bring our two preciousness'es...home. Ahhh. What a year. So much unknown. Yet it's all known by the One that matters...

Regarding Azlan...what a tremendous impact the Baha is having on his life. The problem with the temporary headband is that it's tight...and has to be tight to hold it in place on the bone. So...it hurts and we have to move it around constantly. He doesn't wear it all day...but there are certain times that are MUST times. In the car...is a must time. He's quieter. Calmer. Just...wow.

The other day we all had a time playing with the iPad, iPhone and an older broken-screen-iTouch we have. I told Azlan I was going to get his "ear" (that's what he calls his Baha) he immediately looked at me and said "oh...do I have to? Then I hear everyone else...right now I can only hear me..." ahhhh...yes, my boy...we can tell! :)

Zihao~I feel like we can already hear your laugh in our house. Your smile is so contagious and we can't wait to bring your joy home. Merry Christmas our little Zihao Zhonghua...

Taizi~we are longing to wrap our arms around you and hold you so tight. You feel alone...yet you never have been. You are loved beyond what your little heart could ever fathom. Your Christmas may not be merry...but it will be...hold on little Precious...we are coming.


All I Really Want For Christmas (Steven Curtis Chapman)

Well, I don't know if you remember me or not
I'm one of the kids they brought in from the home
I was the red-haired boy in an old, green flannel shirt
You may not have seen me, I was standing off alone

I didn't come and talk to you 'cause that's never worked before
And you'll probably never see this letter, anyway
But just in case there's something you can do to help me out
I'll ask you one more time

All I really want for Christmas is someone to tuck me in
A shoulder to cry on if I lose, shoulders to ride on if I win
There's so much I could ask for, but there's just one thing I need
All I really want for Christmas is a family

Well, I guess I should go ahead and tell you now
If it's really true about that list you have
Somehow I always seem to end up in a fight
But I'm really trying hard not to be bad

But maybe if I had a brother or a dad to wrestle with
Maybe they could teach me how to get along
And from everything I've heard, it sounds like the greatest gift on earth
Would be a mom

All I want for Christmas is someone who'll be here
To sing me happy birthday for the next 100 years
And It's okay if they're not perfect or even if they're a little broken
That's alright, 'Cause so am I

Well, I guess I should go, it's almost time for bed
Maybe next time I write you I'll be at home

`Cause all I really want for Christmas is someone to tuck me in
Tell me I'll never be alone, someone whose love will never end
Of all that I could ask for, well, there's just one thing I need
All I really want for Christmas is a family

No comments:

Post a Comment