Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's bliss...

Oh I'm so ready for 2012! Let's bring on a new year and all the wonderful surprises ahead of us. Praying...the surprises are wonderful. Do you ever stop and think how very little control we have of our lives? What if you could see six months in advance...? I wonder if we would do things differently now if we knew what lay ahead....

With a large family it often enters my head of what if one of our children were diagnosed with cancer....or there was a terrible accident...or...or....

I don't mean in a 'worry way' because that's pointless ... I mean in a way to help us stay focused on the right things, in the right priority...b/c we really don't know what is ahead. To live and to parent with as few regrets as possible...

The things we DO know about 2012 are pretty exciting. We are so ready to get this ball really rolling (we are helpless in doing so...;) with bring Taizi and Zihao home. Oh home study process...you are long...and well...dreadfully long...and we are ready to wrap you up...

So at this point I am still waiting for CAN forms back from WA and MB and well Mexico. And fingerprinting from the FBI. Lovely. However...the moment they DO come back we are ready to go! Which also means agency fees start piling on us pretty quick...deep breath...

Jenny from TCH told us they do have Zihao's Christmas package (she's in the states right now) and her worker is supposed to be forwarding photos of him with it. Looking forward to that.

Ann from Red Thread China wrote that Taizi's orphanage said they are "much to busy to give her a photo of Taizi til after spring festival (end of January)." Lovely.

Dean and I watched the video of Taizi again last night. Oh little Precious. I'm fine until I see him rocking on the horse and his head falling forward and back with little control. I told Dean " I just want to scoop him up with a blanket and hold his little head into my shoulder"... Dean just said "totally...".

So little boys...we are praying that not only is 2012 your year to come to your forever family but 8 months into it. August. Yes ... that's the month... ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment