Saturday, December 31, 2011

Resolutions.

Yes I do them. Yes I try to stick to them. Yes...I sometimes fail. Yes...I still think it's a good thing. I get much further with resolutions/goals...than I ever would without them. This year...I have big ones. We have big ones.

There is so much I'm beyond motivated to do before we go to China.

One 'little' thing is to have all of the children's digital scrapbooks DONE and up to date. Umm I won't tell you how behind I am. I won't tell you how packed my days are either...but...we always find time for what's important to us. :) And our children are in bed and snoring by 8:30pm every night and I'm...not. So I do have time and I'm committing to getting this done!

Another little thing is to have dates on the calendar. Period. The larger the family..the more essential it is. I often hear moms of large families joke about their annual date with their husband. Woah...it's really not a light matter. When the children are grown and out on their own ... it's you...and him. You might want to really focus on cultivating that relationship so it's number 1. Right now we date about...every 3 weeks. It should be every two. No matter what. Even if it's a starbucks and walk by the river. (Tough for me to do that when I pay a sitter...but ... regardless...it's the time that's important).

I will focus on as much one on one time with each child as I can. Each of our children are so different. We love our Mama/Daddy dates with the kids. But no one is the same. And...I love that. We think it's important to nurture their individuality.

Most of all...I will focus on my King and my loyalty to Him ... first. Because really everything else...is a result of that.

Happy New Year friends...I encourage you...go ahead...make resolutions. Fear of failure...is crippling. You'll do way more by setting a goal (even if you fall short...a little or a lot) than if you never set it in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment