Sunday, February 26, 2012

Be still...

And know....
I am God.

A few nights ago...feeling overwhelmed in a few ways...I read...when I didn't feel like reading.

God is so good. He gives things just at the right time. I've read this verse many times but it didn't have significance at that moment. This night...it did.

Ps 46:10. Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.


I can't tell you how difficult it was to 'be still' that night. I would start to go to sleep and then realize I was anxious about something. Oh...be still. Know that I am God. I think "know" is a powerful word there. When you 'know' that He is God...everything changes. You haven't heard. You didn't just think. It's not what someone else believes. You know. He is God.

And He is with us.

Peace.

The fundraiser....wow. To Courteney who felt strongly about this fundraiser and gave of her time and resources so willingly...for one reason...to help bring Taizi and Zihao home....the humblest of 'thank you's.

To each of you that bought a beautiful handmade necklace...thank you.

To each of you that gave...above and beyond...our hearts simply say...thank you.

20 necklaces.

$1540.

Jonah 2:8...Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs.
9...but I...with a song of thanksgiving...will sacrifice to You...

Thank you. Thank you...and thank you. From the bottom of our hearts...you gave a gift that goes so far beyond a beautiful necklace. You gave a gift...of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment