Thursday, March 1, 2012

7-8 months.

From now and we should be at the end of our adoption process..! Eeeee! Ok we have a lot of work to do from now to then ;)

With each fundraiser that we have done we have had 'someone' feel very strongly about it. Not always me. With the yardsale it was Rachel. With Krispy Kreme it was Rachel. I was terrified buying that many donuts. With the necklace it was Courteney. Now we are working on another one...that I wasn't feeling but one of my lifelong best friend's....does. So we here we go...! It's beautiful and I can't wait to show you...but I'm not quite ready yet...so ... I'll leave you hanging :)

My reading has led me all over the Bible and I just finished Daniel that I felt strongly compelled to read. What an incredible story. That...is faith. Would you stand up and risk losing everything? Your life....? For your faith in God? I had many moments while reading Daniel. I love chapter 3 vs 16-18.

Shadrach, Meshack and Abednego replied to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."

I love that they had total faith that God "is able" but knew He may choose not to...and that wouldn't change their minds one bit. Today we are saturated with a faith of "believe and God will do it" like our faith holds the strings of the Creator of the universe. No, no...it's a 'believe that He can...pray that He will...but even if He doesn't...'

I was struck by how many times the king saw Daniel's God's power and yet immediately turned to worship an idol. It wasn't until he literally lived as a beast...(read it...it's crazy!..ch 4). At the end when he came to his senses...

vs 34 At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever.

Even knowing the story well...it was chilling to read.

Oddly, I related to the king. Aren't all of our hearts able to quickly wander? Oh...not to another god....or...is it...? We see God's provision, we are humbled in worship...we see Him move in huge ways, speak and then have it come to pass...and we determine in our hearts we will NEVER forget. We have had our eyes opened...we know how mighty and powerful He is. We will never be the same...
Then very quickly we are fearful...lacking faith...trusting things we can see...money... a whole lot more than Him...idols.

verse 35
All the peoples of the earth are regarded as nothing.
He does as he pleases with the powers of heaven and the peoples of the earth.
No one can hold back his hand or say to him : "What have you done?"

And that comes from a KING that turned beast in the field eating grass with feathers like an eagle....and claws....humbly back to his knees...confessing You alone are God and I will worship You.





No comments:

Post a Comment