Sunday, April 8, 2012

A special gift.

After meeting with a sweet friend and confidant a few days ago...one phrase of a song was in my head. I dismissed it b/c I've never enjoyed the song. I woke the next morning with the same line. I again kept pushing it out and I remember dressing Izrael and thinking "wow this just won't leave me..." I still didn't pause to look up the words.

The next morning I woke with it loud and clear. Ok. I'll look it up.

And I got busy and forgot.

But a few hours later in the most random moment there it was again. I wasn't singing it...it just keep coming to my mind and I'd stop and realize it's this line again.

So last night, again trying to push this line out of my mind I sat down and googled it.

The song is from a Bible verse. It is word for word...they simply attached a tune to it.

It was a pivotal moment for me. I put my head on my desk and cried. It wasn't adoption related...but it was such an amazing moment I thought I'd share.

When I shared it with Dean he said "let's order in it wall words for our house".

(By the way the line ... the only line I had for a few days was "skip about like calves".)

"But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves (coming) from the stall. Malachi 4:2



I'm humbled that God would pause and speak to my heart in such a real way. I smile that He would choose many times...to speak to me through song...since I always wished He had given me the voice of an angel. Perhaps in Heaven...He will.





No comments:

Post a Comment