Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What a gift!

Last night Dean and I had a phone interview with a board of directors from a Christian grant organization.  They are considering our family for a grant that would be a huge help. The interview was just sharing our story of how God has moved our hearts to adoption for the second time...after we were 'done'.  Both Dean and I shared parts of our story. At the end of the call, they asked if they could pray with us.  Each one (four of them) praying for us on the phone and both Dean and I were speechless.  Their hearts were so evident...pure love for the 'least of these'.  Whether we receive a grant or not...we were so blessed last night.

Last night my beautiful Aunt Ada passed away.  So young. So sad.  My mom's sister.  Mom is one of 11 children.  Aunt Ada became a born again Christian in the last few years before her husband died of cancer 7 years ago.  We have so much peace knowing her sins were forgiven and she was right with God.  Saved by grace.

Please pray for my mom and her family and especially for my grandmother, Nan.  Nan is not taking the news very well and she's very sick herself...currently in the hospital in Carbonear, NL.  (eastern Canada).

Thank you for praying.


No comments:

Post a Comment