Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Surrender. Again.

Noticing a theme here? :)

Isn't it the story of the christian life? Constant surrender.

Today I spoke with our agency and they are wonderful. She said they received a 'batch of LOAs" on Friday...which was their first batch in a few weeks. Yes ours were absent from that batch ;) She did say of the 5...3 of them were WELL over the 100 day mark...like 120 days. But she said one went through translation the same day as ours did.

She ended it with the ever-true...sometimes cliche sounding "Janice, God is the only one that can help us speed this up" but we know it to be not-cliche...and really.. truly..the only answer.  They are still praying that Taizi's orphanage director will be honest with the CCCWA on his condition b/c that could help the LOA process.

I think the hardest part is I've followed other families' journeys and I've seen how the wait can be brutal at this phase. So we made a conscious choice to not even count the days. That worked amazingly well! It all changed when we saw and heard from the Pediatrician at U of W just how ill Taizi is.  Having a child on the other side of the world that is deathly ill...is more than just waiting. This is now urgent.

A friend of mine posted a comment on her blog yesterday: (jennysupdates.com)


It really is going to take some Christmas miracles in July to get Esther out of here in a couple days, but Jesus never rebuked people for having too much faith.  What amazed Him was all the fear, doubt, and unbelief that was prevalent amongst His followers.  So I'm going to go full out child-like and ask my Father for some outrageous stuff.

And though such a simple comment ... it hit me. That's a true statement.  When did Jesus criticize someone for too much child like faith? Never.  The constant rebuke was for lack of it.  Well...I, like Jenny, am making a choice to ask for some outrageous stuff and we are praying for a LOA in lightning speed and the rest of the process to be expedited like they've never seen.  Just as a by the way...Jenny posted that just hours before they were granted their 'Christmas in July miracle' and they are now on a plane on their way home...

I'm not interested in someone telling me to be realistic. We don't serve a God who does the norm and what is expected.  We are hopeful that our baby boys are coming home soon. Very soon. We will storm the doors of Heaven until they are.  

A very interesting part of Scripture Dean and I recently heard preached on is in Luke 18.

18 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’
“For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care about men, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually wear me out with her coming!’”
And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”


Isn't that wild? A persistent woman...eventually received her request...is likened to us praying...? Well we are going to cry out day and night!

We were sent new pictures of little Zihao:) And measurements so I can start preparing with clothes etc. I'm such a bargain shopper that I love having some time to shop and get what we need! I did get him the CUTEST little shoes at Ross the other day...$35 down to $11.  :)



He looks so strong and healthy and as Dean says "he looks like he's going to fit in perfectly with our family with that personality!" :)

He's 29 lbs, 18.5" head, 35.4 " tall,  5.7" long feet and 20 teeth :)

We are coming baby boy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment