Tuesday, July 17, 2012

With a song of thanksgiving...

I will sacrifice to You.

That little phrase really stood out to me in Jonah 2:8-9.  It's amazing how often it has surfaced in our Bible reading and grabbed our attention.

The very least I can do...is humble myself before my God...with a heart...full of thanksgiving.

Tonight I want to take the time and say a thank you...to you.

You know who you are. The ones of you...though not knowing the words to say...you have taken the time to write us and tell us you are praying for us and for precious Taizi.

I've learned so much in this journey and I know there's much more to come.  I know many times I've seen a child with a disability and ... simply didn't know what to say.  I've seen a new mom with a child with a very obvious 'defect' :( and not know what to say.  What I have learned...is say something.  I loved when people came up to me to say Azlan's eyes were beautiful...pure windows into his soul. He talked with his eyes from just weeks old. I was never offended by that. Offense is something you 'take'...I chose to see that you were making an effort when it was difficult to know what to say.  Those of you that have reach out and said "we are broken for you and little Taizi" and are praying for us...our hearts are full of thanksgiving.  We know we are not on this journey alone.

The song that keeps playing over and over in my head tonight is Casting Crown's "Jesus Friend of Sinners".  Dean and I have been so convicted by this song. It's beautiful. It's sharp. It might even hurt.  Heaven forbid that people may really be on their way to Jesus...and yet trip and stumble over me.  How devastating.  But right in the middle of the song...it changes....

"You are good....

You are good...

and Your love...

endures forever...."

And that has played over and over and over in my mind tonight. Just when I think it's gone...

softly it starts....

You are good...
You are good...
and Your love....
endures forever...


And our hearts tonight...though breaking for our child....sing...

You are good.

A friend wrote me and said she cannot wait to see the progression in little Taizi.  What a beautiful thought.  As the light begins to flicker.  The orphan-heart...begin to change.  No longer an orphan.  No longer a numbered crib.  A child. A son. Loved.  Just as you are.  If you never walk.  If you never talk. Loved.

You are good...
You are good...
and Your love...
endures forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY6VAy9y_iQ

No comments:

Post a Comment