Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Strength.

I'm reading through Samuel.

Last night I read how David returned to his camp and found it completely destroyed by fire and his wives and sons and daughters taken captive.

1 Sam 30:4

So David and his men wept aloud until they had no strength left to weep.

wow.  Total agony and loss.

He goes on to say how there was talk of him being stoned to death.

vs.6(b)
But David found strength in the Lord his God.

Ok you really need to read the story.  Maybe I've passed over this little phrase before but I think it is key.

He wailed out loud til he not only didn't have a voice but completely was drained of strength.

But David found strength in the Lord his God.

Honestly...I've never lost my family. I've never come home and found my children kidnapped and my house on fire (can you fathom...?).  Yet all of us have moments of feeling completely drained of strength.  At this point in this adoption journey...let's just wrap it up and go.  Why this phase is taking record lengths of time for us when Taizi desperately needs to come home...I don't know.  And the patience I pledged at the beginning...is waning.

I don't believe the timing is set in stone and cannot change.

Prayer CHANGES things.

Not helps you feel better.

Not makes you feel like you did something.

CHANGES things.

I don't believe the time and details are set in stone and there's nothing we can do to change it.  At all.  There is tremendous power in prayer.

Read Luke 18.

Jesus compares to prayer to an "unjust woman who begs day and night and the judge grows weary of her pleas".  Really?

Verse 6.

And the Lord said "listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly".

Prayer CHANGES things.

A friend of mine asked for prayer last week for her two adopted children from South Africa (where she lives) to gain Canadian citizenship.  They were battling this with no answers for TWO years. She asks for committed prayer and BAM...done.  What...? Coincidence? Set in stone timing? Whether she prayed or not...? I don't think so. Prayer CHANGES things.  Not helps. Not eases the pain. CHANGES.

We have been storming Heaven's doors for CHANGED circumstance.  We are still praying to be on a plane to China in October.

David's heart in the ultimate moment of despair spoke to mine last night.

But David found strength in the Lord his God.

Back to my knees of asking 'day and night'...

and making sure my strength is coming from the Source of all.



3 comments:

  1. praying with you.
    praying with tears.
    praying with faith.
    just praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I have been thinking of you a lot!
    Hopefully your TA will be in hand Monday.

    ReplyDelete