Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Uh oh.

I'm blogging at 4am. Why? well because our ride to the airport comes in 50 minutes.  How long was our sleep? What sleep...? Yah.  That.  Dean and I both pulled an all nighter.  Uh oh.

Today was busy. Very busy.  Every time I got into the car...I cried.  I don't want to leave our children.  I really really...don't want to leave them. :(

I had to get passport pics done for the in country file and I had glazed over eyes. I was really crying.  I got back into the car and cried again. And prayed. I turned on the radio and heard a song I've never heard before...

I only heard one line.

I just googled that line and here are the lyrics. I'm reading them for the first time as you are.

Audio Adrenaline- Kings & Queens.

Little hands, shoeless feet
Lonely eyes looking back at me
Will we leave behind the innocent too brief
On their own, on the run 
When their lives have only begun
These could be our daughters and our sons
And just like a drum I can hear their hearts beating
I know my God won't let them be defeated
Every child has a dream to belong and be loved

(Chorus)
Boys become kings, girls will be queens
Wrapped in Your majesty
When we love, when we love the least of these
Then they will be brave and free
Shout Your name in victory
When we love, when we love the least of these
When we love the least of these

Break our hearts once again
Help us to remember when
We were only children hoping for a friend
Won't you look around 
These are the lives that the world has forgotten
Waiting for doors of our hearts and our homes to open

Chorus

If not us, who will be like Jesus
To the least of these
If not us tell me who will be like Jesus
Like Jesus to the least of these

Boys become kings, girls will be queens
Wrapped in your majesty
When we love, when we love the least of these
Then they will be brave and free shout your name in victory
We will love we will love the least of these
We will love the least of these (Repeat)


I don't know if you believe in coincidence...but I sure don't .  A broken heart, crying out to God. And He puts my focus back on the ones we are going to rescue.  The fatherless. The "least of these"...so beautiful. Then I REALLY cried.

We told the kids they could pick a restaurant tonight so we could go out as a family one last time before our trip. They picked a buffet. My stomach started to turn (not a buffet fan...)...but this is absolutely where they wanted to go. :) So we went. In fact Tirzah only had mashed potatoes on her plate and I said "wait...what...?" "oh this is my favorite food...I want a whole plate of it!" was her reply;)

We then went to the Hills house. We stayed a while and got everyone settled.  There were no tears...Tirzah was close.  Praying they stay in the "we are on a vacation" excitement.  

We came home...put Izrael and Azlan to bed in our room and have been working ever since.

Ahhh.

The vacuum seal bags were a great idea...thanks mom! We have a suitcase full of snowsuits we are bringing to Taizi's orphanage. These bags shrunk them down so small we fit tons more in there! 

The bad news of the night...is we cannot find Azlan's 'ear'. :( We haven't seen it since Sunday afternoon. It has gone missing for a few days before...and when we offer $1 to find it...it magically appears.  Well...the offer was up to $5 tonight and we searched up and down for hours... no ear ;(  The good news is ... his left ear can hear. And he's truly fine. The bad news is ... we are leaving for 3 weeks without it. We never go more than a few days without it.  Honestly...I'm shocked this hasn't happened before. It falls off when playing all the time.

We fly to Seattle at 6am. Then we sit there for over 6 hours (...ugh) before departing on Korean Air for Soeul, Korea.  

We downloaded a VPN service and should be able to blog and update facebook as we go.

From our hearts...thank you.  To each of you who have walked this journey with us.  You have prayed. You have cried with us. You gave generously. You have been a huge part in bringing these 2 precious little boys home. Thank you. 

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you guys. It may be a good thing you can't find his 'ear', just in case it goes missing while you're there :)

    ReplyDelete