Thursday, June 13, 2013

His eyes.

Can you imagine looking into the eyes of Jesus...? When I think of Heaven...that's the first thing I dream about.  Looking into His eyes.  There must be something special about His eyes. I can feel myself entranced...

Today Christina ... looked into His eyes. She's with Him.  She's home.

You may remember Christina is my sweetest friend's niece.  31 years old.  Married 1.5 years. Has a 6 month old baby boy.  Tonight she's with Jesus.

And though, like Tirzah, my mind immediately went to that first moment of her looking at her Savior....I instantly had eyes welled with tears.  Oh the loss for the family. For her husband. For her baby boy.  For her family.

Yet...she was created for this moment.

And my heart tonight is filled with wonder.  Oh we cannot even fathom what He has prepared for us.

What a witness she was to the Peace only Jesus can give. She went through dying...with such grace...with such beauty.

Christina...you taught every christian how to live...and how to die.  Trusting Him.

2 comments:

  1. I've followed your blog for some time now. Can't remember how I found you as you don't appear to be a cat lover or a quilter, my usual fare. When you posted about Christina a while back I was touched by her story and have thought about her and prayed for her young family. I was saddened by Thursday's post that she had passed. Tonight at dinner my daughter-in-law started to tell me about a friend of hers who passed away. I asked, "Is her name Christina?" Carly was raised in Port Angeles and knows Christina from church. In this great big world a middle aged quilter from California follows a blog and learns of a girl with cancer from a friend of her Aunt and that girl was friends with that quilter's daughter in law. I think it is a God thing that I was brought to you in the first place. Blessings to you and your beautiful family.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very small world, indeed! What an incredible life she lived...and died. In full surrender. Deeply convicting. Thank you for following our journey through life and thank you for commenting <3

    ReplyDelete