Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Progress.

It may have been a very long 6 months with lots of persistent hard work...but it's paid off.

All together, we have blown the professionals away with how far we have come.  I say all together because it's been a lot of work.  We knew from the beginning that it was going to be faster progress if we did it vs traditional therapy.  And ... woah.

We skipped the walker. We still have the rx for it.  Unfilled.  Instead we worked really hard on walking and having Taizi trust us. From holding his arms. To his hands. To a few fingers. To one finger. To the very very tip of his finger. To letting go. To him standing on his own, in the middle of the floor...and walking. Unprompted, unassisted. If you could read the look on his face...he is so so impressed with himself and a few times has let out a big laugh in the middle of his walk.

Two days ago he walked from the couch to the fridge. Stopped for a break and then to me. Then he put his hands on my legs. So I picked him up and he laid on my shoulder.  :)

A few days ago we put him in the cozy coupe car. New experience and he hates new.  He had the ultimate fit.  But we are ok with that. (with him :).  We ignored him.  We put his cup about 6 feet away from the car. It's his carrot.  He had fit after fit after fit and even tried to lay down on the concrete, beneath the car and slither out that way. But he was put right  back up on the bench. Dean left for work, I laid in the lawnchair a few feet away and never let him see me looking...though I missed little.  Finally after at least 20 minutes of full blown tantrums he stopped crying.  And blew me away.  He moved that car the same way Izrael and Zihao would move that car. On a mission. Fast. With purpose. As if he did it every day.  My mouth was wide open.  He has so so so much ability and just needs to be pushed.  Dean could not believe it.  There was no hesitation in how to move that car.  But what would have happened had we caved after 10 minutes of screaming...? We'd never know what he could do. And neither would he.

We did the eye antibiotics for a week as prescribed and it did nothing. As suspected.  He has lots of goop out of that eye b/c it doesn't drain at all. This isn't a clogged tear duct it's a non-connected tear duct.  So many 'deformities' of that eye.

He still hates his glasses.

:)

Zihao.  Is extremely emotional. Extremely. He cries at almost everything and we are working through it.  He's also extremely cuddly and loves Mommy and Daddy. And Tirzah. He loves Tirzah.  There's not a child in this family that doesn't love Tirzah.  Izrael wakes in the morning asking for Tirzah.

Izrael is the best. Her vocab is exploding and so fun to listen to.  We all laugh so much at her. We love love love age 2 and 3.  It's not terrible 2's and 3's in this house.  It's the best.

I had my 37week ob appt today. Yes. Full term.  Wow. I will be that lady in the hospital bed holding a new born when it suddenly hits me that she's ours.  I have been so busy and going at full speed in so many directions that it really hasn't hit me. And I feel great.  I feel about 25wks pregnant, not 37.  I am dilating and effaced. The doctor thinks I'll make it just fine to about June 27 when we'll opt for induction.  (the day after Taizi's 4th birthday. They want us to go for his birthday and we said no :).

This weekend we head to Seattle for Zihao's ear tube surgery on Friday and hopefully meet up with the lady to purchase our car seat and stroller system off Craigslist.  Yes. I better get that since I'll be about 38w and 2 of our 5 children were born then ;)  Then we go back again Monday for full cranio facial appts for Zihao, Azlan and Taizi. That should stop those appts for a few months.

Last night I went to the hospital to visit a friend who just had a baby. You would think this being only 2 weeks ago for me would be an amazing experience...it wasn't. I came home and totally cried.  I felt nothing but panic. Panic about the fear of giving birth. Yes. Fear. Yes 6th time. The more I do this, the more aware I am of all that can go wrong.  Panic about feeling yuck and fat afterwards. I know...I know...for me...this is panic.  Panic about the 3 days of hormones rushing through my body and I cry and laugh at everything.  Panic that my sweetest friend might not be home in time.  And you can see where this is going...it snowballed into nothing but panic.

When we got into bed, I read something I don't normally read. Dean loves it, I do as well...but I usually read my Bible, not this book.  But I felt compelled to read the book.

You will see why.

Jesus Calling.  An amazing little devotional that was deeply personal last night.


“TRUST ME and don’t be afraid, for I am your Strength and Song. Do not let fear dissipate your energy. Instead, invest your energy in trusting Me and singing My Song. The battle for control of your mind is fierce, and years of worry have made you vulnerable to the enemy. Therefore, you need to be vigilant in guarding your thoughts. Do not despise this weakness in yourself, since I am using it to draw you closer to Me. Your constant need for Me creates an intimacy that is well worth all the effort. You are not alone in this struggle for your mind. My Spirit living within you is ever ready to help in this striving. Ask Him to control your mind; He will bless you with Life and Peace.”
Isaiah 12:2 – “Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.”
Romans 8:6 – The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.
And I closed the book.  And knew it was for me. 


We had a maternity photo shoot done a few days ago. We've only seen these 3 photos so far in a sneak peak our photographer posted. We had debated doing them but really glad we did. Normally we do these at 34 weeks...this was 37.  




No comments:

Post a Comment