Tuesday, July 9, 2013

#10!


After Taizi's birthday party was over, June 26, contractions started and Tirzah and I went in to the hospital around 10pm. I was scheduled for an induction but was already in early labor.  We stopped for a coffee and a smoothie for Tirzah on the way. :) We arrived, got settled in our room and things began.

Tirzah stayed the night with me and Dean stayed home with the kids.  Keeping him informed, our good friend came around noon to stay with the children while Dean came in. True to history, once Dean came, things started moving fast.  :) 

When I got to 6cm I told the nurse it was time to call the doctor as I usually go fast from there.  The doctor came in all dressed in her gear and it wasn't long before the moment of "let's do this" arrived! I kept shaking and saying "I'm in shock, I can't believe I'm having a baby!" as the nurse and doctor kept laughing.  I knew it would hit me like that. We've been so busy with work and life that I knew I'd lay in that hospital bed with the surreal moment of "TODAY?".  I commented to Dean about that moment in China with 2 traumatized children in the hotel room...that moment we found out #10 was coming.  We were so shocked...and here we were today...ready to meet her!

The delivery was amazing. Tirzah stayed behind my head the entire time, only seeing the baby, nothing too graphic.  

And there she was. 3:49pm, June 27, 2013.  

Nazara Journey Walker entered the world.  

8lbs, 2oz (we all guessed and I was right on) 20" long. A head of dark dark brown hair.

The story of her name:
Nazara: it's the earliest greek form of Nazareth. Of all places the King of Heaven could have chosen to live his childhood and youth in...he chose plain, common Nazareth. While this child is such a crazy part of our journey, unexpected, God's plans not ours...Nazareth was an essential part of Jesus' journey. And let's be honest...nothing good can come from any of us...yet Jesus chose us. Amazing. I love that Nazara Journey is a bit of a play on words as Izrael Promise is. Israel being the promised land...our Izrael was our promised child. Nazara being a crazy part of our journey yet such a humble part of His.


The most amazing, most gorgeous doctor ever. Love the joy on her face.  She was so excited for us.

A very teary Mama meeting her princess


Love!


There she is!


Daddy meeting his newest love


Mmmmm


Yes she's in there. Being smothered by her mama as I cried.


Moments after welcoming her into the world.


tirzah and her new sister


So in love.


Perfect.


Her little bum says Nazara under the frog ;)



Yes she's dressed to the nines. All the nurses came in saying they heard the stylin' baby was in the room ;)



That night the kids all got to meet her.  


Oh I love this picture. The delight on Izrael's face!


She kept saying "new baby!!" :)


Beautiful Azahria Peace with her new sister.


Zunduka


Azlan


Zion


Tirzah


Zihao (who was anything but gentle, we're keeping an eye on him ;)


Chazano


Oh she's delicious 




Hope you all enjoyed meeting our new love. We are completely smitten. She's so calm, never makes a peep.  We are totally over the moon in love.  




11 comments:

  1. I've been checking on you every 2 hours! Finally! LOL She is perfect and so lovely to see the pictures with each sibling. Babies bring love and you sure have your fill!
    Love,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness... I'm SO excited to see this beautiful post. I've checked like ten times every day for a posting :), praying all was ok with you and your precious bundle of joy. You look beautiful, and she is absolutely perfect.

    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,I know that full well. Psalms 139:14

    Congratulations to your sweet family; may the blessings continue to abound. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Her name is amazing... so heartwarming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love... so much love.
    She's BEAUTIFUL... Welcome sweet Nazara Journey... what a family you've been born into and how blessed they are to have you! :) x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! Happy to see everyone is healthy and happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all these pictures, especially the one of beautiful Nazara and lovely Dr. M! Hugs to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to you and Dean! God surely has a plan for this beautiful little baby girl. I love the story of the "journey" to your dear, sweet, Nazara Journey. May God bless your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all. ANd yes Sara~I'm so melted into a puddle everytime I look at her. Something extra special when she wasn't planned by us but definitely by God. She's a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! You have a beautiful family, and thank you for showing us your newest blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just saw this post, not sure how I missed it before. I have been following you on fb, but somehow missed this update until now. What a beautiful story. I love all the pictures, she sure is a styling baby!! So precious and peaceful and beautiful. Your love is written all over your face :) Thanks for sharing. I hope she is still as peaceful and content, for many reasons, I'm pretty sure she is! God bless.

    ReplyDelete