Sunday, July 21, 2013

You are.

You really are.

We recently heard the song "You Are" by Colton Dixon.  I am moved by many songs. Those of you who follow our journey know that God has used songs to speak to me over and over. Thus the name of this blog.

But this song. This song grabs me deep at the core of my heart...and I feel it...every single time.

There's a few things about this song.

One is that I first heard it when Christina was dying.  And I cried at the thought of her...in her last days...with 'no voice' but yet oh would she...if she could...dance for Him like the rising sun! That was such a beautiful picture.

The other part is that our children love this song and sing it all the time. It gives me chills to hear them sing these words.

My request is that if you are reading this post...which you are....that you read the words of this song...and then click on the youtube link to hear it.

When I can't find the words
To say how much it hurts
You are the healing in my heart
When all that I can see
Are broken memories
You are the light that's in the dark

You are the song
You are the song I'm singing
You are the air
You are the air I breathe in
You are the hope
You are the hope I'm needin'
Whoa
You are

And when my circumstance
Leaves me with empty hands
You're the provider of my needs
When all my dirtiness
Has left me helpless
You are the rain that washes me

You are the song
You are the song I'm singing
You are the air
You are the air I breathe in
You are the hope
You are the hope I'm needin'
Whoa

(Whoa)

You are the song
You are the song I'm singing
You are the air
You are the air I breathe in
You are the hope
You are the hope I'm needin'
Whoa

If I had no voice, if I had no tongue
I would dance for You like the rising sun
And when that day comes and I see Your face
I will shout Your endless, glorious praise
If I had no voice, if I had no tongue
I would dance for You like the rising sun
And when that day comes and I see Your face
I will shout Your endless, glorious praise

You are the song
You are the song I'm singing
You are the air
You are the air I breathe in
You are the hope
You are the hope I'm needin'
Whoa

(Whoa)

You are the song
(You are the song
You are the song I'm singing)
You are the air
(You are the air
You are the air I breathe in)
You are hope
(You are the hope
You are the hope I'm needin')
I'm singin' whoa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM8hxE-j4T8

And then...if that isn't moving enough...I was given permission to share Christina's mom's new blog.  Oh...I'm so thankful she's writing. Because this is a story...that simply needs to be told.

www.JodeeAhmann.blogspot.com 

I'll end with this...You Are.  And oh how I've needed You.  And...I so would. If I had no voice...if I had no tongue...I would dance for You like the rising sun....I can hardly finish it. There's nothing I dream of more...than seeing Your face.

You so are.


1 comment:

  1. Thought you would enjoy Mark Driscoll's quote on f.b the other day...
    "You'll read your favorite book 2-3x, watch your favorite movie a 3-5x, & listen to your favorite song 100s of times. Good music is powerful!"

    ReplyDelete