Thursday, August 15, 2013

Speaking of "gifts"

So many of you wrote emails, messages and notes about the post titled "Gifts".  Will you be a part of being a gift to someone else...?

A good friend of mine has a beautiful 18 year old niece.  She was diagnosed with a rare form of brain cancer often found in elderly men.  She has been doing daily chemo and radiation treatment and even recently diagnosed with Diabetes due to all the steroids :( In all of this, she has been radiant.  She has never complained. Never stopped smiling.  I have felt pulled to do something extraordinary for her and I think you all can help me.

I know she loves purple and she would love to know people are praying for her.  For whatever her future holds.  It would take so little effort to sit down (even have your children help) write her a card and tell her you are committed to praying for her.   Maybe send a small gift in the envelope too.  That's up to you. This is a small, small way we can be the hands and feet of Jesus.

If you want to be a part of being a "gift" to this sweet girl...please comment here.


13 comments:

  1. I'd love to be a part of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 others commented on facebook so that's 4!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! So wonderful! We are up to 6 including myself. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Counting our 6 older children...we are at 12! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. After seeing the photos her Aunt posted and picking up on the fact that this brave young lady loves purple, I thought it would be nice to surprise her with something purple. Thanks for reminding me. Can you message me the address to mail to? Great idea, Janice. I love how you look for ways to bless others. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Jennifer! So glad you are sending her something! I will message you her address.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janice, what a beautiful opportunity to serve. I would love to drop her a note & gift, as well.

    I still agree with Taizi's dr... You're a Saint!! (With a contagious love for our Lord!!) :)

    Do you need my email to share the contact info?

    Thanks for sharing this opportunity; my little boys will be sending cards, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in too! Message me the address, pretty please.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! 2 more have emailed that they are in as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can each of you email me at janice.walker@me.com?

    ReplyDelete