Thursday, December 26, 2013

Whoa. That was intense.

We returned from Florida Dec 15.  On our flight was a very sick man. He coughed much of the flight. All I could think was "I hope he doesn't have a heart attack in the air" because that's how sick he was. I didn't think about the recycled air for 6.5 hours...and how sleep deprived our family was after a very full, action packed trip...

Thursday, I got sick. Sicker than I have ever been in my life.  I really was concerned.  At one point I had a fever over 104.  I was almost delirious. And yes...still nursing a baby.  It was...brutal.

One by one we got sick. The children much more resilient than the adults.  We were tested positive for Influenza A.  Brutal.

With this intense virus...came an incredible sense of gratefulness. Dean and I have spent much of our time discussing how awful it would be to just simply not be well on a daily basis.  I was struck with intense nausea. It made me think of those battling cancer. The common side effect of Chemo being nausea. I cannot imagine feeling that way...on top of all the other very real effects of cancer...I really cannot imagine.

Tonight is December 26 and it is our Christmas Eve. We postponed our entire celebration of Christmas until tomorrow.  We were really in rough shape.  To those of you that prayed our family through this past week...thank you. Thank you.

The children went to bed tonight with incredible anticipation. How can we not love every minute of that?


No comments:

Post a Comment