Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Friend.

This month has been a month for me.  You know...really...a month.

It has been rocked with deep sadness and grief and pain and regrets and... hopes... seemingly dashed on the rocks.  Yes...all that...in one. And that all happened in the first 15 days.

These are the times I am so thankful for those people in life I can truly call "friend".

You know...the friend that you can truly let your walls down with. The ones you can cry and tell them you feel like you are failing...and they smile at your raw transparency.  Instead of beating you while you are down...they hold your hand and pray with you.  Pray for peace. Pray for joy. In the middle of the 'whatevers' you are facing.  Courage to endure.

The freedom to be that real and open.  The mystery in sharing your burden...and how both of you walk away lighter and free-er instead of both now being burdened and weighed down.

Oh...the word friend.  It's a deep, emotional word for me.

The wisdom that was in my friend's advice to be 'friendly with everyone...but be friends with few".  We all learn these hard lessons through life of being an open book with a person we shouldn't be.  However...the danger is when we put walls up so high that we never bare our souls to anyone.

Proverbs 12:26
"A righteous man is cautious in friendship..."

I have a few very very very real, close friends.  People I definitely bare my souls with.  I cry. I laugh. The conversation starts with how I'm throwing in the towel and ends with laughter. That's what a friend does.  Sharing your struggles...lightens the load.

One of my favorites:

Proverbs 27:17
"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another."

Tonight...my heart is so thankful for these amazing people that God has gifted me with.

Friends.






No comments:

Post a Comment