Friday, July 4, 2014

Surgery #1.

Azlan had surgery #1 on Monday morning.

I walked into his bedroom at 5:55am to see him laying on his back...hands folded behind his head, staring at the ceiling.  I said "good morning, my boy" and he smiled sweetly. So much on his mind.

I had promised Tirzah and Zion I would wake them because they did not want Azlan alone.  I love these children.

We arrived, talked to the medical team and checked in.  Azlan always responds quickly to Versed.  He was loopy fast.  I had to hold the poor boy up :)

Surgery went well. Six teeth were removed in the end, one of which was an adult tooth not even poking through yet. They dug up into the bone and found it.

I've noticed a bit of a milder Azlan since.  Whenever I ask how he's doing, he's a little quiet.  Sometimes gets teary.

He said eating isn't very fun right now. Having your top teeth removed and having a severe underbite...(so your top gum and bottom teeth don't come close to lining up...) doesn't make it easy.  He told me it was very fun having a peanut butter sandwich anymore and asked if I could cut it up into small pieces.

He is strong. Loved. Oh so brave.

I've said it from the very beginning...this boy is just learning how to fly.  Watch out world...don't say I didn't warn you...someday...Azlan will soar.

1 comment:

  1. I can only dream about what God is preparing him for through all of these challenges...and it's so beautiful. What a gift to be Azlan...I continue to pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete