Monday, January 26, 2015

Someone...not something.

January first, Tirzah asked me what my goals were for 2015.  Is this a child after my own heart or what? :)  I told her some of my goals and she smiled and said "that sounds great! I have a big goal this year. A few goals but one big one."  Intrigued, I asked more.  "Oh, I'm going to read my Bible this year. The whole thing. And...I've figured out a plan. I found out if I read four chapters a day, I can do it!".

Our conversation soon moved on and so did the calendar.

Today is January 26.

Each day I've seen her sit down and open her Bible with the horse on the front.  I've asked how it's going and she's smiled. I've heard that some of it is difficult but she's excited she's doing it.



Yesterday we had a little date. Her and I.  We shopped for a bit together but then... we sat.  And we talked over a smoothie.  No phones, no noise...just her and I.  She asked me again how God called us to Africa. And China. She sat there with that sweet, closed mouth smile the entire time.  She knows the story. She just loves hearing it.  

She told me...again...how she feels God wants her to go to India someday. She said "you know, it's the weirdest thing. I can't shake it. I don't even WANT to go to India. I just can't get it out of my mind. I think a lot of people in India must need Jesus."

I told her I'd love to go to India. I told her my dream of going on a medical trip to help cleft babies with their surgeries.  She smiled.  Then suggested we go together sometime.  

In typical 11 year old fashion she then paused and said "I sure wonder how I'm going to get Marz (her horse) to India with me..." and went off dreaming about that process. And I sat staring.  At the wonder of her.  



And then...tonight, I saw this quote. And I loved it.  




Tirzah Liberty.  
You are a gem. 
 I can't wait to see the impact you have on the world. 
 I will love you forever.  


2 comments: