Thursday, January 29, 2015

Weary.

All afternoon and evening when I pause to think at all...the word that comes to mind is "weary".

I'm just like you. I'm emotional.  I'm hopeful.  I love my son more than you can fathom.  And I don't want to go through this hard thing.

And...like you...I don't have a choice.

Sometimes you pause and you just think..."I'm...weary."

And in my moment of reflection...I hear a sweet small voice.

"It's ok.  I can handle weary.  Remember...? I know you are weary.  I actually spoke of this..."

I stop.  Think.  Try to think.  And remember.

Yes.  Yes You did.

"Come to me...all you who are weary..."

Ahh.



Matthew 11:28 (NIV)

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

In an unfamiliar version of the Bible:

Matthew 11:28Amplified Bible (AMP)

28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will [a]ease and relieve and [b]refresh [c]your souls.]

Ahhh.

Yes.  

Weary and burdened. Needing that 'rest' I know He's talking about.  

In sharing this journey of my heart with so many of you I've seen the reality...that we are all walking through our own journey. Our own, individualized, hard...story.  

Perhaps you...too...feel weary.

Perhaps you...too...need rest.  Peace.  Heart...rest.  

Come to Me, he says.  Come. 

Then I hear the whisper of this song. I love when He whispers a song to my heart that I don't even remember the lyrics to...and I look it up and sit blinking through the tears. 

This.  

Please. Just take 4 minutes and click the link and watch it.  

If you are weary...broken...hurting...

I hope this speaks to your heart as it does mine.





No comments:

Post a Comment