Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Beautiful little people.

It's been a busy few days.  Finishing the auction isn't for the faint of heart. I locked myself into a room to finish it...and was there over 3 hours!

Yesterday, at the end of the day, I sat on the couch rather 'done'.  Around the corner came all these little faces of pure joy. You know ... when you know something is up? :)

Tirzah, 11, hands me a card. They are all SO excited.

This is what it was:


Each one of the older kids had paid $1 to give Mommy a gift card of $6.  They work hard for their money. No allowances here :) We go Dave Ramsay style and money is earned. They can earn quite a bit...if they work for it.  But spending is a big deal...b/c we pay them 50% interest on all money they save in the bank!  

Tirzah said "Mommy you work so hard, you deserve it!" 

And my heart smiles. I love these beautiful little people.  Parenting is hard, long, consistent work...but it has to be the most rewarding work ever.  

Raising beautiful little hearts that know how to be thankful in all the little things. Including having a hard working Mommy and Daddy.



2 comments:

  1. "Parenting is hard, long, consistent work...but it has to be the most rewarding work ever." I could not agree with you more! I was thinking the same thing last night when 2 little people wanted to make my hair "stylish" & a couple days ago when their sister wanted to paint my toes. Precious moments of love. Enjoy your special treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...it's hard...monotonous work. But oh how sweet the reward!

      Delete