Monday, April 27, 2015

The sweetest.

Yesterday we were in Costco with all 10 children and a man came up to us and said "I don't know how to ask this ... but what is your story?"

Oh I love that question.  His beautiful wife and little baby stood nearby and we shared a bit of our story.

We went to eat in the food court of Costco and the sweetest lady came up with her very elderly mother looking on and said "my mother wishes to tell you ... that you win the Mother of the Year award!". She was beaming.  Our children were so impressed there is such an award and want to know if I get a trophy ;)

And the man who looked like he was a little grumpy...who walked up and said "can I just say to you guys...thank you. Thank you for what you have done and what you are doing!" and seeing the looks on our kids' faces.  They just beam.

And the sweet elderly couple who counted to 9 and told us how wonderful we are...(we pointed out #10 who was hiding and they love it).

These sweet comments make my heart smile.

But honestly...taking our 9 year old son on a Mommy date and having him say to me "mommy...you are awesome. You know that...?" that one...that one takes all.

So my advice...speak life. Speak kindness and life into the people you know and the people you don't know.

Yes.  Speak life.


No comments:

Post a Comment