Saturday, December 26, 2015

A Heavenly Christmas Gift.

If you read my most recent post..."mommy...am I otay?" you will see the stress and anxiety I've been struggling with regarding the new house.

Christmas Day morning...we were not at the new house yet. We did not celebrate Christmas on Christmas Day. We chose, as a family, to wait until we move in the new place.  So Christmas Day was weird for us. We worked. Hard. On the shower in the master bedroom. We are installing all tile and all hardwood floor. Ourselves.  This is just one of the many things we are doing to save necessary money.

Our neighbor down the hill is a retired Navy Seal.  Our kids are in awe of him. We can't wait to sit and hear his stories.

He woke Christmas morning and looked out his front window to see the hill covered in a thick, heavy fog.  But...there was something. Brilliantly...shining...on the hill.  He couldn't believe what he saw.

He looked. He grabbed his phone to take pictures.

His text said this "I saw your house filled with the Spirit of God..."

When I saw the photos, I started to cry.  Like...that cry.  That cry like when I saw ZhenAi's photo for the first time. It's a deep, spiritual cry that I can't explain. I'm not crying. I'm not emotional in the moment but my eyes are crying. Yes...that. If it sounds confusing, it feels much more so.

You can try to explain these photos away. That the sun was shining on windows...but it's the wrong angle for the windows. Where his house is and where our window are...it doesn't add up.

Tirzah said it best. She said "I'm sure people will say it's all sorts of things but ... I believe."

Tirzah believes it's angels.  Angels with flames of fire.

I don't know what it is. But the tears that come every time I see it tell me it's something special.

What a beautiful Christmas gift.  After all the questions. Fears. Stress.  My doubts...if we will ever get in this house.

My close friends both had the same immediate thought when they saw the photos:

Matthew 5:14-16 “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.





8 comments:

  1. I'm speechless, Janice. The pictures bring me to tears also. Your family is so blessed. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get chills every time I look at the photos. XO

      Delete
  2. Lol. If that's a reflection off windows, you must have built a greenhouse! Hold it in your heart. It lifts me up... to see you lifted up. "He cares for you". Lauretta. NL. Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True!! Not for a second did we think reflection- but I had to answer what the skeptical might be thinking. ❤️ Moments like this build all our faith.

      Delete
  3. Love this so much. What a gift! I believe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let your light shine Baby!! How wonderful that He chose to show you a physical sign in response to your faithful life choices. I believe <3

    ReplyDelete