Friday, April 1, 2016

Total Gratitude.

It's 1:28am.

Our house is very, very quiet.

I had a great face time conversation with a great friend tonight.  Me, sipping coffee on the couch, her just a few too many miles away...but we connected.

Tonight has left me feeling just plain grateful.

Today was an amazing day.  Something beautiful happened today and no I can't share it.  But it's ok. It wasn't a big thing.  It just left me feeling oh so grateful.

And in the middle of this amazing, beautiful day...my dad called. And we had a short conversation that was ... wonderful.  And I hung up the phone and again....felt so very...grateful.



Zihao has asked me 158 times today how my day is going...and then told me 142 times how much he loves me. And every time I replied with "I love you more" he predictably followed up with "oh Mommy...you always say that."

Tirzah went to bed giggling with glee that she "finally remembered April Fool's Day" and has a trick planned for her brothers. (I'm pretty sure the boys forgot what tomorrow is...so that makes it even better).

We ended the day with a super fun bon fire...with the best S'mores I've ever EVER had...and a sky full of stars like it was displayed just for me to end a perfect day.

I hear the soft breathing of Nazara and Izrael in their little beds in our room (yes, they are. No, not in our bed...but you know we have to slowly break them in to their bedroom a hallway away from us, this has  been a big move from a tiny rental house where we were all on top of each other...to here) just makes me sit and smile...as if I didn't have reason enough.

And it all brought me here. To this point. Where I sit...when I should be sleeping. Instead I'm looking out this massive window in our bedroom. I see lights and stars and all things lovely and I feel...yes, I feel...grateful.

Even for this.  The small things. Like Big Piggy still being with us to take silly pictures of in the park. With freshly picked flowers placed on his head.  And Izrael and Nazara giggling behind me as I took the picture...full of total joy.

Even this.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! I love the overflowing joy that exudes from this. What a lovely attitude, lovely family, and refreshing post full of gratefulness. God is so good to His children. <3 Thank you for sharing. It left me feeling uplifted and challenged to remember to thank God in each moment today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you friend! I love your family! I love seeing and hearing what God is doing. It's encouraging even though it is hard. Thank you for sharing and being real. I am praying and asking BIG. God will continue to be your help and strength. Keep at it! You are doing good! Xoxo JulieM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you friend! I love your family! I love seeing and hearing what God is doing. It's encouraging even though it is hard. Thank you for sharing and being real. I am praying and asking BIG. God will continue to be your help and strength. Keep at it! You are doing good! Xoxo JulieM

    ReplyDelete