Monday, October 31, 2016

All things new.

Have you ever seen such an in-your-face connection that you don't want to see...?

Yeah. Well this is me. Now.

Every time we drive up the hill to our house I try not to have my eyes land on the obvious...the bright, out-of-place vibrant green hillside.

It's almost November.  Everything is dead here. All the surrounding hills are brown. As would be fully expected.

Then there's ours. It's not just a little contrast...it's bright, in your face green.  It's full of new grass.

Remember a few months ago I posted about the massive fire? Where our entire hill burned to a crisp? All summer it's been jet black.  I mean...not pretty. Black. Burnt.

Now it's full of new life.

I've tried to not talk a lot about it as we drive home. The kids all marvel at it.  Dean does. We all do...I just don't want to talk about it.  Because I know the message applies to everything.

After the death of something...comes new life.

There's been so much "death" in our family lately.  And it's been the hardest thing I've ever 'survived'.  And I know God will make something beautiful of it. I know that because I know Him.  I know that's what He does.  No one can comprehend it. No one can make sense of it and definitely can't predict the final outcome. But if you know Him...you know what He does. And bringing new life into the darkest, most burnt places...well...that's Him.  That's what He does.

And this hill? Brighter than it's ever been in the history of ... ever...stands as a very in-my-face reminder. Something beautiful will come out of this darkness. The old has died. New is coming.





Revelation 21:5
And the One seated on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” Then He said, “Write this down, for these words are faithful and true.” 

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautifully said my friend! You are a gifted writer and an amazing survivor of "hard things!" God is breathing new life into you literally and figuratively...the strength I see in you I know comes from the only One who can give that kind of strength...God himself. You aren't at the end of a chapter in your book...you my dear are starting a whole new book! Love you and your family!

    ReplyDelete